Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting to know me

Wow, where to begin. I have wanted to start a blog for quite a while now but was too intimidated to do so. Well, today is the day! I would love to share the craziness, fun, and frustration of my life and hopefully provide encouragement to others along the way.
I am the type of person that likes to give others the impression that I have it all under control but that is so rarely the case. Take today for instance, I am finishing up a shopping fiasco at one of my favorite stores and trying to get all seven kids buckled up in the truck. Keep in mind that this is quite a process as we have a Suburban that we had to retrofit with an additional seat to fit all of us into it. We also have a fold-down seat to allow passengers to get into the back seat which has to then be put back upright so that my 8 yr. old can sit in it. So just picture all of the activity just getting in and out of the truck involves. At the time that we purchased the Suburban, we also couldn't afford to get running boards so all the kids have to climb up into the truck. It takes us a good 5 minutes to get everyone into the truck and that is if one of the younger ones aren't kicking and fighting me in the process. Anyway, back to the story, here I am calmly trying to get the kids in (ok, I was actually very frustrated and raising my voice, maybe even yelling) and a great friend from church walks up and says "Hello". Here I am wondering if she heard any of the screaming as I greet her very calmly. Ugh. Patience is not my strong-suit and it gets stretched a lot with this large of a family. I sometimes wonder if that isn't why God gave me so many little ones, to help me know how dependent I have to be upon Him to make it through each and every day!
I look forward to sharing the activities of our family and the lessons that I'm learning along the way in this molding process.

No comments:

Post a Comment